Kolmower M18EX Support
Welcome to our customer service for the M18EX model!
- With our FAQ, you can find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Our tutorial videos make it easy to set up and fix problems.
- You can get detailed steps by downloading our user guide.
We promise that you will be satisfied at every step!
We value your feedback and are here to assist you. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
Can I use other boundary wires?
We recommend using Kowoll boundary wire due to the potential gauge difference.
How much is the mowing height of M18EX?
1. The cutting width is 18cm, and the height is 20mm-55mm
2. We recommend starting at the highest level(18cm) and gradually down to your expected setting, have to shave it with a regular lawn mower first if the grass is higher.
How long does the battery life of M18EX last?
If completely charged, it can mow around 2-2.5 hours.
What is the maximum area of the boundary wire?
We suggest installing the boundary wire below 1000 square feet.
Will the boundary wire break?
If the boundary wire is installed at ground level as instructed, the blade won’t hit and cut the wire. You can check this video on how to install the boundary wire. But the boundary wire can be destroyed if you have pets to bite it.
Does the boundary wire need to be hidden?
You can lay the boundary wire with the supplied wire pegs. You don't have to dig up the backyard because in just days you won't see the wire anymore as the grass grows around it and will cover the wire.
Can it detect rain?
Yes, it can. The sensors on the control panel can detect when rain begins and the mower will back to the charging station automatically. If it won't, please check if the rain mode on the control panel is ''on''.
Is it noisy?
The mower makes about 58-61 dB(A) of noise, which is considered quiet.
How to install the boundary wire?
For more details, please check the guide video.
1. Please confirm that install the boundary wire clockwise, and the mower can go back to the charging station counterclockwise.
2. The distance between two pegs is about 80cm in straight lines, you can take down the rule on our package box to measure the wire length.
3. Another important thing is to make sure the wire is down on the ground and not loosely floating on top of the grass, to solve this problem, you can install more wire pegs.
4. If you want the mower to navigate around the obstacles like trees, ponds, flowerbeds, ect. Here's the video on how to set the boundary wire around the objects. The distance when laying two parallel wires for the objects should be less than 5mm, so that they can be cancelled out(degaussed); and the distance between the object and the boundary wire should be over 30cm.
How to install the charging station?
1. The charging base should be placed on a completely flat surface, and please make sure there's no obstacles around the area;
2. Please make sure the distance between the boundary wire to the middle wire of the charging pile is over 50cm;
3. The wire inserted to the "B"should not be less than 15cm to the base, please leave the length of 80cm when the wire returns to the charging station in straight line; and the wire should not be less than 1m when you lay the stake start from the the end of the charging station.
4. Better place the charging base in a cool place, to prevent lithium batteries from overheating.
How to maintain and clean M18E?
The maintenance is not difficult, please always remember to turn off the power first when cleaning or changing worn parts.
1. Please try to use a soft brush to clean all the dirt / grass under the shell of body of the mower.
2. Please use a soft brush or cloth to clean the outside of the mower. Do not clean with any corrosive volatile solvents such as alcohol and gasoline, which may damage the appearance and internal structure of the mower.
3. The blades can last for around five months of everyday use, if you want more spare blades, please feel free to contact us to get more or you can check on our website to find the link for them.
What if it is stolen or lost?
If your mower is stolen, please contact us and provide us with the serial number shown on the Kowoll App, we can help you check the mower’s location since we have GPS function.